Bruce's Shorts Season 5
Welcome to Bruce's Shorts Season 5, the free resource for learning about the technology of the media, film and broadcast industrues.
Bruce's shorts is made by Mr MXF and a team of students and early stage professionals. All contributors to a Mr MXF episode get paid and get training on the technology that they are using and teaching. If you are a student or early stage professional and want to take part in an episode then pleasae get in touch via the audition button above.
Making these episodes is expensive. Only a small percentage of them are sponsored and the rest are funded by the Mr MXF business. They will always be free to the viewers. Any help you can give via our Patreon is particularly appreciated.
All Patreon subscribers get the warm feeling of satisfaction in helping talented young folks from around the world take their first steps into the Media Technology Industry.
Season 5 episodes
Season 4 episodes
Most of the Season 4 episodes were first launch on the Broadcast Bridge. Many thanks to them for their support and outstanding content. You can find the links to those versions via the BB-bsxxx links below.
- bs425 What is a microservice and why do you need one?.
- bs424 Can You Wear a Blockchain?, supported by Mr MXF
- bs423 How Many Standards Does It Take To View A Movie?.
- bs422 Will AI take over the world? BB-bs422.
- bs421 Your Virtual Machines are Cattle Not Pets BB-bs421.
- bs420 How to choose a video codec.
- bs419 IP Streaming vs. the SDI Empire, supported by Suitcase.tv
- bs418 Why MAM is rarely trending but always needed?, supported by Dalet
- bs417 How To Get Started with Component Media Workflows BB-bs417, supported by Cinecert
- bs416 Why the cloud makes advanced image processing accessible BB-bs416, supported by Cinnafilm
- bs415 Domain Specific Languages for Quality Control BB-bs415, supported by Metaglue
- bs414 Media Components Are the New Hotness BB-bs414, supported by Cinecert
- bs413 Does IMF alter your visual quality metrics? BB-bs413, supported by Cinnafilm
- bs412 How Many Pixels In Your Resolution? BB-bs412.
- bs411 Data Security BB-bs411.
- bs410 Firewalls BB-bs410.
- bs409 Authentication BB-bs409.
- bs408 Trust & Identity BB-bs408.
- bs407 Security - what does that mean? BB-bs407.
- bs406 What is SMPTE MCA and why do I need it? BB-bs406.
- bs405 IMF Captions & Subtitles - IMSC1 BB-bs405.
- bs404 How do you QC IMF? BB-bs404.
- bs403 What is an IMF CPL? BB-bs403.
- bs402 What is an IMF IMP? BB-bs402.
- bs401 Why does IMF exist? BB-bs401.