It is that time of year again folks and here is the proposal to repeat the Sunday morning cycle that we did in 2016.
- Meet 06:30am April 23rd at the junction of Las Vegas Boulevard & Spring mountain next to the escalator by Neimann Marcus.
- Route. We’ll cycle west up the 2% grade until we get to Red Rock Canyon and then do the scenic loop returning on more southerly roads that are mostly downhill or flat and almost certainly into a headwind.
- Bring a few dollars for entry into the National Park and a camera / phone because it’s really, really pretty.
- Bring water and something to eat – we’ll probably be out for 4 to 5 hours – back by 11:30am is the most likely time.
- Bring spare inner tube. There is often flint on the roads at the outskirts of town.
- Bring suntan cream factor 50 if you’re a pale, flammable European like Bruce.
- Insurance is your own responsibility. Make sure that you are covered for a touring bike ride in the USA. This is not a race, it is just a bunch of individuals touring Red Rock at the same time.
- Bike Rental Procyclery (these guys sometimes deliver to your hotel for a charge), McGhies, Las Vegas Cyclery
Roll call for 2017: